Review | Kismet Jardin Hydra Gem Illuminator Primer Serum


I'm a major advocate on the usage of Primer. It provides the perfect base, adds longevity, and acts as a barrier between your skin and your makeup. It's also an added bonus if it has active ingredients to work on your skin while it's on too. I have very dehydrated skin so I'm always onboard with hydrating primers. As a disclaimer I was given this for consideration during one of SA's best blogger events ever. But due to more pressing and important commitments blogging about it and anything I received was put to the way side. The good thing about that however is I've had a lengthy time to give a lot of things a decent trial. Meaning that you'll get more informative but still honest reviews. I'd never post about something the minute I got it. 

A brief discriptor is that is very watery and thin in texture but it spreads like a mo'fo. It gives me a super dewy base as well. I wouldn't describe the scent as strong either but smells organic enough although it is worth mentioning it is 'fragrance-free', meaning they haven't added a scent. Has it improved my skin while I wore it? I'm 50/50 on that. I'd say I'd have to include it in my actual evening skincare to see any discernible difference. I'd say it's better at 'sitting' on the skin and acting as a barrier rather than working deep in the skin. 

As a primer I love it. It's knocked my Maxfactor facefinity primer to the side for the better half of this year. After spreading it on the face it sets rather tacky, giving you a great surface to apply your foundation and concealer on. My base sits more evenly, less patchy and in general just better on me than it ever has previously. 

Main points

- Oil  & Paraben free

- Contains Glycerin & Hyaluronic Acid

- Australian Brand

- Green Tea, Hawaiian Hibiscus and Linden Flower Extracts
(To give a brighter, radiant appearance)

- Yarrow Flower Extract and Horsetail
(To revitalise and firm)

- Aloe vera and Pro Vitamin B5 
(Soften and Smooth)




If you're looking for a primer that's hydrating, tacky, and full of skin goodies then this a a good gem (scuse the pun) to get started with. 

You can find it here online and despite the $59.99au price tag just remember it's an investment! My bottle is still going after 6months of 3-4days a week usage! And they ship internationaly

Gidget xx


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM

Blog Archive

FIND ME ON BLOGLOVIN

Gidget Cooper