Essence Make Me Brow VS Benefit Gimme Brow


There is a universal 'Smackdown' going on between the brands regarding Fibre Brow Gels. I started blogging a few years ago when the Bold Brow trend hit hard, so to my greater knowledge any and all brands that come out with a Fibre Brow Gel will be compared to the Benefit Gimme Brow. It's the shiz. It's a cult product. Just about everyone I know in the community loves it. But against the ever growing market how does it stack up? I also went above and beyond and forgoed tinting my brows. For the optimal comparative review. 
Just for you guys, cause I love you all that much. 


The wands themselves are rather different from one another. Essence is a bit longer and it's bristles are not as tightly packed together as the Benefit one. While Benefit has a smaller brush that I like over the Essence one the lip of the tube isn't as tight as it could be, resulting in the Benefit one dispensing too much product onto the brush. The lip of the Essence tube pulls the excess off thankfully. Which is surprising; most of their mascaras are rather loosed lipped (Scuse the unintentional pun).


Neither brand really wins brownie points with me regarding the shade range. They both only offer a Light Blonde and Dark Brown shade. That being said there is a colour difference between the brands. Benefits Blonde leans cooler and darker, while Essence has a neutral tone and is a teeny bit lighter. 


Essence 

Colour: Both brands, despite discrepancies between either brand the colour range is par for par. Meaning they both only offer 'Blonde' and 'Dark Brown'. However being a Ginger I prefer Essence's offering more being lighter and more neutral in tone.

Volume: I required two coats. Once the first once dried I brushed through with a spoolie and added another. The formula is a bit thinner as well. 

Finish: It's far thinner than Benefit but this seems to work in it's favour. The wait time for it to dry might be a teeny bit longer but considering the results I'm willing to settle. It's less 'crispy'. However; I have thicker brows so my comparative may not apply to all brows.


Benefit

Colour: Honestly, the blonde seems to have an ash and or darkish tone to it. Compared to my natural brow shade it leans rather dark and cool. Even though my natural shade is rather blonde/orange it kind of stripped my brow of all warmth.

Volume: The fibres work. Don't get me wrong. It's a cult product for a reason. However I feel this is far better for those with the thinnest of brows. Because I have so many hairs it kind of bunched sections of my brow hairs together. 

Finish: It clumps. It's a bit crispy. That being said...I have fairly thick brows to begin with. I've never doubted Benefits .....benefits on the smaller brow. 


Final Verdict

Lets weigh up a few other comparatives I haven't covered yet.

Each tube offers 3.0g so there's no discrepancy there. The packaging is fairly similar but that's to be expected when drugstore companies dupe cult products. However the biggest difference is the price. Gimme Brow will cost you a terrifying $37au while Essence will only set you back a cool $5.10. One 7th of the price of a Benefit tube. Meaning you could buy 7 Essence tubes and still walk away with $1.30 to spare. That being said I wouldn't recommend that. They both have a shelf life of 6months. 

Save yourself some money and give the Essence Make me Brow a go. 


Gidget xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM

Blog Archive

FIND ME ON BLOGLOVIN

Gidget Cooper