Review | Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Blonde


Now let me state first that this shade wasn't my first choice. I'm far more suited to caramel but for whatever reason Sydney Sephora did not carry the colour. I can use blonde but something warmer is always far more fitting on my brows as I have ginger hair. They did carry the colour in the brow wiz but I have heard the brow wiz does not have much product in it making it a product of constant re-purchase and for the price I don't need to be addicted to a brow pencil that expensive. 


The swatch is coming off far more wamer than it really is in real life. Upon inspection the texture quite soft, highly pigmented and easily spreadable, although it sets very quickly leaving a newbie to gel brow products floundering. My advice is to brush the excess off on the back of your hand and go slow, and build up. I quite like the sharp tail this product gives my brows and it lasts throughout the day. 


I like to use a very thin angled brush to apply this, I've found this is great to add a sharp outline to the bottom of my brow and my arch and tail. Any more than that and my brows begin to look a little taupey and lose all warmth; the outline can be softened with a spoolie as you go. And yes, the left picture above is how my brows look in their natural unruly state. Taming them is hard work! 


I'm going to give this more of a play and get my mitts on the colour caramel in the future.


Gidget xx



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM

Blog Archive

FIND ME ON BLOGLOVIN

Gidget Cooper