Review | BYS Nude 2 Palette


Oh man. Now when I was instore in Gloss and saw this baby I had a serious inner struggle about whether to buy it. On one hand I don't really need more palettes. On the other hand it looks like the Urban Decay Palette. It's also pretty. Also It's Makeup. I struggled long and hard until I caved and bought it. The instore swatches impressed me somewhat so that also helped my decision to purchase it. And for around the $12 mark I have to say this isn't a bad cheap drugstore palette to have if you're on a tighter budget. 


Now to address the main issue here. Is it a dupe to the Urban Decay Naked 2? No. No it's not (Laughs) first of all the colours are not exactly the same. The BYS Nude 2 version have some completely different shades in theres. Then theres the matter of quality, longevity, package quality and so on. Also naming your product Nude 2 when you haven't launched a Nude 1 is just irritating to me. So no it's not the same but for a cheapie it's still a nice little thing. 


I have two gripes with this palette. Only two. Number one. Instead of having a clear insert inside the clear insert was a peel off clear cover, and guess what it did? Pulled the names of the bottom of the eyeshadows. I'll be damned if I know whats what now and have to keep checking the back of the palette. Number two is how powdery and delicate some of the shades are. The Mattes kick up a hell of a lot of powder and the Metallics are so fragile and prone to becoming dented with the slightest touch. Which is kind of irritating. For $12 I feel like I shouldn't have to walk around on eggshells with a cheapie but alas thats where I am at. 


Regarding the pigmentation I'm pretty happy and impressed. It has some very nicely pigmented flesh tones which I find hard to find quality ones in cheap palettes. The metallics all give off good pigmentation but with some fallout so do tap off the excess. And even more surprising is the black which is actually quite pigmented, another shock discovery in a drugstore palette. So Bravo BYS. This little palette has earned a little gold star from me. 

I've been enjoying using this and can't wait to play around with it some more. 


Gidget xx


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM

Blog Archive

FIND ME ON BLOGLOVIN

Gidget Cooper