Review | Sleek Skin Revive Foundation



Foundation is an absolute staple to most makeup kits and often tends to be one of the first products we seek to buy. Having a great base highlights the rest of our makeup much like a piece of paper. If the paper is great quality the colors we paint or draw on it look beautiful and standout. Being pale just means it's all the more vital you find the correct shade for your skin.

Most of us often make do with what we find instore. Some of use are unaware of brands you can find online or find there's often a lack of information regarding the paler shades of foundation there is available out there. More often than not we're worried about wasting our money on a product that seriously lacks description on the brands website. Bloggers are often handy in these instances. If you've been worried about the lighter side of shade range within Sleeks Skin Revive line I offer you my review! 




I first noticed this line on Sleek.com but hadn't seen in worn on the face until I browsed through Killer Colors blog. She's quite fair and wears shade Oatmeal. It looked seamless and flawless on her as she takes pretty high quality pictures, so it gave me a nudge to purchase the tester kit in light. Sleek.com it a wonderful site to purchase from regardless of the fact it's an international brand. It's cheaper in fact shipping wise compared to ELF.com.au. It took about two weeks to reach me in South Australia and I was pretty happy to get it on the day I did. I only wear makeup a few times a week and it happened to show up on a day I was planning to wear a full face of makeup. While I'm able to get away with the shade Oatmeal I'm far more suited to Linen. I've noticed it does oxidize and the darker shades such as White Rose and Shell go quite a shade darker than when you apply it. Linen doesn't quite seem to have that problem but I do suspect if I was to wear it in high coverage thickness it would be noticeable when it set. However I only wear this sheerly to even out my complexion. The formula seems to be made to be worn rather light than heavily. You could however build it up if you needed too. I just don't think you'd be getting the best finish if you did. Everyone's different. 



Swatches are fantastic and one of my favorite things but I often find with foundation or concealer swatches people never blend them. How am I supposed to know how it truly looks? It something I don't want my readers to go through. I've blended the colors above with my Real Technique blending brush but you could achieve the same effect with you fingers, a flat foundation brush or a sponge. It doesn't seem to effect the end result of this foundation too much. It's not overly matt and not overly dewy either, falling somewhere in between. It's a silicon based foundation and free of oil. It doesn't feel heavy which is always a plus too. While Linen matches my vampire pale skin I wouldn't recommend anyone near my shade to set this with a pressed powder as I recon it would darken it. I mostly stick to translucent powder. It retails for $9.99 on Sleek.com and the tester kits retail for $4.50 each. Pretty good bargain if you ask me. I'm currently waiting on my bottled version which comes in a convenient pump form. FYI the little tester tubes are perfect for the makeup bag too for on the go touch ups. Not that you'd need it really, the longevity is pretty good, Lasting at around 4-5 hours before any visible fading. 

As always for the love of god comment! I love hearing from you! And feel free to link your blogs below for me to check out.

Instagram
Twitter
Facebook
Tumblr
Youtube


Gidget xx

6 comments:

  1. I fucking h8 that too! The swathing thing I mean. You can never really tell how it looks and I follow bloggers whos skin color matches mine. I expect better bloggin. I prefer how you did it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your ridiculously worded response is a good example of children should be supervised when using a computer.

      Delete
    2. I'm generally happy when something I've reviewed has been helpful to other people. Their grammar doesn't concern me as it does you. In future I will point out I don't tolerate personal attacks on peoples comments on my blog. If a comment is directed to me as constructive criticism don't mind, but readers directly hurting other readers feelings will not be tolerated.

      This comment will stay posted as this has brought attention to myself to implement some further guidelines in my disclaimers.

      Wishing everyone well,
      Gidget xo.

      Delete
  2. glittersparkles21 July 2013 at 06:11

    can you do a review on white foundations? I have a hard time finding any

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi. im very pale/white!! but my face is very very white with ..very soft pink undertone .
    this foundation is high coverage?I have oily skin!!
    this base is very light shiny?I can not find a foundation for my very white skin....the majority are very yellow.
    thank you very much!!
    valeria (vayvinka)
    from argentina . buenos aires ( bs as )
    mail: vayvinka@yahoo.com.ar
    https://www.facebook.com/vayvinka


    valeria (vayvinka)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Vay. I would definitely recommend you buy this foundation in Linen and the crème to powder one in Linen too. Frankly after more testing I've found it doesn't work with my skin very well. It's a little hard to blend but I have quite dry combination skin. This however might be perfect for you as it will probably blend easier on your skin texture. Both the cream and revive foundation in linen are quite cool neutral based. xx

      Delete

 

INSTAGRAM

Blog Archive

FIND ME ON BLOGLOVIN

Gidget Cooper